Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ode to the sentimentals...

So it's been a month. Seems about average. Maybe if I set my standards low about how much I will write here, it will make me really excited when I write once a week when I first get to Nicaragua. This entry will be more stream of consciousness than anything. Last night, I went to see the movie "Waitress" with Larry. Adorable movie. It stars Kerri Russell (I forgot how gorgeous she was) who is a waitress at a pie diner and is a fabulous baker of pies. Everyone raves about her pies. She ends up getting pregnant with her husband's baby, but she hates her husband so it is not really a joy for her. She has an affair with her OB-GYN and watches as her waitress friends go through their own relationship troubles. It has a wonderfully happy ending but I won't spoil it for you. The point I really want to make here is that I feel that there are certain people who will cry in movies like that, those that will admit that they enjoy them, those who will say, "Yea I guess it was ok," and those who just won't even go see them. I feel most akin to people of the first two types. My heart goes out to you. Don't be ashamed at being touched by art.

Tonight I had a blast with some of my friends from college. Three girls who I was definitely friends with but who I did not hang out with as much as I would have liked to. It's funny how you don't appreciate things as well as you do once they are practically out of reach. But I also learned two pretty fun card games tonight: Tonk and Turretts. We had a blast. Oh and note to self...aim for the center of the cue ball and you will succeed more at pool. Nighty night. Happy August. 4 days till Canada. 4 days till I take the GRE (eww). less than a month till I leave for Nicaragua.

No comments: