Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I booked it!

I am now officially leaving for Nicaragua on August 23rd VERY early in the morning. I will soon be saying, "Goodbye, America." It has a good ring to it. But I won't really want to be saying goodbye to all the wonderful people who are my family and friends. I'll be missing my brother's graduation from high school and my sister's beginnings of her Junior and Senior I.S. at Wooster. I'll miss my parents incredibly and I will probably miss my grandfather's retirement from his life as a doctor. So many of my friends are in similar places to where I am at, whether that means they have plans or they are trying to figure them out. Everything seems to be in transition in my life.

And that is a good thing. Something I am trying to embrace. But it won't really seem real until I am on that plane at 7:00am on August 23rd. Right now, I have to finish my preparations to take the GRE, pack for my last trip to Canada for a few years, and put all the necessary pieces together to get myself ready to live in Nicaragua for 16 months. Here goes!

No comments: