Monday, June 18, 2007

lazy summer bum

Coming back from an absolutely amazing 3 weeks in Peru with Bridget has turned me into a summer bum. It is currently 6:02pm and I am still in my pajamas. Yes, you read correctly. My routine since returning home has consisted of waking up around noon everyday and then not getting to bed until around 2am. It's a schedule I need to change ASAP. So that being said I have again fulfilled my habit of not posting regularly but since no one really knows about this page yet, I have decided that's ok. I intend to come back and write several entries about Peru and the tons of stories that go along with the experience.

Right now it is hard because I am both reflecting on this trip I have just taken and looking towards the next step and direction my life is taking. I have only 6 more days until I'll be heading to NYC for three weeks of job training and getting to know my fellow Mission Interns. Hanging out with Posse friends and Larry again has been great but incomplete as Bridget now heads back to D.C., Jill is starting grad school in Columbus at OSU and Alissa is still in Boston doing an internship with a judge (I think). Life moves on...I also really miss college friends, especially Rynnie. She's with her family in Maryland and then heads to Europe for a month. I'm so happy for her but I miss her.

But in general, I really can't complain. I am very loved and blessed in so many ways. I have the opportunity of a lifetime on my horizon to work and live abroad for a year and a half at the age of 22. Now I just need to clean my room, exercise, start studying for the GRE (ewww) and stop being such a bum. Until next time, this bum is signing off.

No comments: